Our curriculum includes, but is not limited to, providing instructions that will enable students to…
Read a sentence and choosethe word from a list of words that would best complete the sentence.
- Look at three pictures and identify what happened first, next, and last.
- Read a book and answer a series of questions, such as the name of the author.
- Read a short paragraph and answer questions about what happened in the narrative.
- Write the greeting and closing to a personal letter.
Add two double-digit numbers, such as 35 + 62 = 97.
- Identify the temperature shown on a picture of a thermometer.
- Look at a series of six coins and add up the amount of money that is there.
- Draw a picture to represent the mathematical word problem, such as four apples minus one apple.
- Read a mathematical word problem and write out its numericequation, such as 12 – 7 = 5.
Make an observation about the weather and record what they see each day.
- Look at a thermometer to identify the temperature for the day.
- Identify the names of animals that live in a forest, such as bears and squirrels.
- Answer multiple-choice questions about how plants survive in their environments.
- Recognize that rain forms from water drops in clouds.
HISTORY & SOCIAL SCIENCE
Read a map and locate the city where they live.
- Celebrate key historical figures in our country, such as George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.
- Celebrate Black History Month.
- Learn to celebrate the culture of other countries, such as Chinese New Year.
- Identify the symbols of American freedom, such as the Statue of Liberty and the Fourth of July.