Our curriculum includes, but is not limited to, providing instructions that will enable students to…
- Prepare a book report that summarizes the beginning, middle, and end of the story.
- Read a chapter in a book and answer questions about the events described in the chapter.
- Assume the character of a biography and give an oral presentation about the person.
- Read a story about an Arctic explorer and answer questions about his life experience.
- Read about the Mayflower and offer an opinion about the worst part of its voyage.
- Determine the total number coins in a mathematical word problem.
- Estimate the perimeter of a rectangle by multiplying its length and width.
- Calculate the average of six numbers.
- Add, subtract, and multiply two simple fractions.
- Convert different measurements into their equivalents, such as meters to millimeters.
- Identify the types of rocks and how they are formed.
- Work in groups to research how plants grow and present their findings.
- Identify the types of minerals and their properties.
- Calculate the volume of a box when its width, length, and thickness are known.
- Determine the volume of objects once they are placed in a graduated cylinder.
HISTORY & SOCIAL SCIENCE
- Learn about the history of Spanish missions and their role in the history of California.
- Identify the location of major cities using the nearest latitude and longitude intersection on a map.
- Identify the different geographic regions of California.
- Identify the name of the ocean that touches the California coast.
- Identify the different regions and hemispheres of the world.